We are happiest when we are making progress. Accomplishing a goal creates an incredible high, but the feeling will go away quickly if you don’t figure out your next conquest. The joy is in the journey, not in the destination. The secret to happiness and staying happy is to become a goal-achieving machine.
Think about it. How exciting is it to know precisely what you are working for? For entrepreneurs, it’s what wakes us up early, keeps us up late, and allows us to work countless hours. It’s exhilarating.
One of my friend’s father is worth $700,000,000. Yeah, he’s loaded. He told me his dad was miserable and always talked about how much more exciting life was when he was scratching and clawing to get his business off the ground. He felt alive. He loved being in the thick of things and battling side by side every day with the employees of his companies to become profitable. He loved setting goals and achieving them.
I laughed when he told me that now his dad just calls himself just another “*!$#ing rich guy!” His dad needs another BIG “why” to make him happy.
I have started and run many different types of businesses, but what makes me really happy is doing incredible things with amazing people while running toward a common goal.
Currently, I am launching my eCommerce startup. We are working on apps for eCommerce, entrepreneur programs, and online business coaching systems. The system has cost me a boatload of money, requires a lot of time and effort, and keeps me searching for answers late at night.
It’s thrilling and fun!
There is a formula for success, and I love sharing it with new and frustrated entrepreneurs. Most people say they want to be happy and prosperous, but it takes more than hopes and dreams to get what you want. Hope is not a strategy, so we need to take effective action.
It’s easy to set a big goal. Taking action is the hard part for most people. Entrepreneurs start off exploding with enthusiasm and ideas. But then, when everything doesn’t go according to plan, they forget about all those dreams and quit. They are just another failure that blames the world for being unfair.
So, why do motivated people fail? A goal (the “why”) is essential, but you also have to know “what” to do and “how” to do it so that you don’t feel there are obstacles beyond your control. The “what” and “how” can be conquered with the right business coach and mentoring group. And the obstacles become detours, not roadblocks.
When new entrepreneurs have the correct answers, goal setting becomes a road map to success instead of just a wish and a prayer.
Without the proper process, entrepreneurs end up without the fuel to continue their journey, so they stop in the middle of the road. Frustrated and confused, they end up waiting on the sideline, angry as they watch life go by. Instead of progressing, they get stuck in their miserable comfort zone and think they have no choice but to live out the rest of their lives working for someone they disrespect.
If you are still reading, this must have struck a chord with you. It means you want to have, be, and do more. Good for you; the dreamers make the world go around.
\If you have big dreams and visions for your life, let’s start there. The “what” and the “how” are important, but I always start with the “why.” Why do you want to have, be, and do more with your life? What is the “why” that makes your heart pound and your mind race? Is it more free time? Travel? Better relationships? A better car? (I’m working toward a new Ford Raptor Bronco!)
Whatever your “why” is, you must keep it in front of you and let it power you.
When you forget your “why,” the work becomes monotonous, mundane, and frustrating. I am finishing up the videos for a fantastic course called Bulletproof Motivation. (You can find it at https://bemodo.com/product/bulletproof-motivation/) In the course, I focus on goal achievement by making your mind more potent than your emotions. Humans are emotional creatures that can destroy any chance of success unless you learn to hijack your body’s motivational system. Take a look at the course; it can make a big difference in your goal achievement.
Your goals are much closer to becoming real when you can minimize your nagging doubts and needs by following a goal roadmap and surrounding yourself with the right people. When you surround yourself with positive influences dedicated to helping you accomplish your “why” and avoid nay-sayers sabotaging your future, goal achievement becomes much easier.
As you begin the process of building your dream life, consider the following as you make your goals:
- Set clear and specific goals: The more details your goals have, the easier your dreams and goals will be to achieve. A clear understanding of what you want to achieve can help you focus your efforts and create a roadmap to success.
- Prioritizing and taking action: Too many goals can slow you down. What are the THREE most important goals you want to accomplish? Identify the most important goals and take consistent, deliberate steps toward achieving them.
- Being resilient and persistent: Accomplishing big things is not for the weak. The only way to avoid disappointment is to do nothing and be nothing. Pursuing your dreams and goals can be challenging, so it’s essential to be resilient in the face of obstacles.
- Embracing change and failure: Your dream life may not unfold as you imagine. It may be better than you ever dreamed. Be open to new opportunities and be willing to adapt and change as necessary.
- Building a support system: Surround yourself with people and mentors who support and encourage you to achieve your goals. The best mentor is the one who tells you the truth even when it is hard to hear.
- Staying positive: Life can beat you to your knees at times. When you are down, only a very clear goal may be able to save you. Believe in yourself and your abilities, and fight for what you what.
- Practice some self-care: It takes health and energy to achieve big things. Make sure to take care of your physical, mental, and emotional well-being to have the internal fire and fuel to work towards your goals.
- Reflecting and learning: Never stop learning, never. Investing in your mind is always a good decision. Take time to reflect on your progress and learn from your experiences, and invest in courses and mentoring so that you can continue to grow and improve.
Ultimately, you are the key to your success. Goal achievement is a journey, not a destination. You can have, be, and do more with your life, and I hope you get there.
Leave A Comment