After a year in development, it was very exciting to see Jus as it began to be filled.
On January 15-17, Phil and I made a whirl wind tour of the east coast to visit our bottler and also our warehouse. It was pretty exciting for me to see so much of our hard work start to materialize right before my eyes. We were blown away at how impressive our bottler and lab were. Here are some interesting facts about our bottler:
a. Our lab has implemented a comprehensive quality system that enables us to achieve our mission of providing the top products to our customer.
b. Based on the Federal Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) for foods, our quality system is enhanced to incorporate the unique requirements of dietary supplements. c. The elements of the system are divided between two domains: 1. Quality Assurance — planning, implementation, assessment, and reporting necessary to guarantee that the products manufactured conform to the requirements and expectations of our clients. 2. Quality Control — operational techniques and activities that are used to fulfill requirements for quality. QC activities are used to produce and document the quality of our products.We were also amazed at the capacity and size of our lab, here are some points of interest:
- It has a GMP “A Rating” (highest possible rating) by the National Nutritional Foods Association (NNFA)
- Our lab’s reputation for quality extends around the world to clients in 36 countries. They are one of a select group of manufacturers to have received certification and approval from Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). As dietary supplements for the Australian market must be manufactured to pharmaceutical standards, TGA approval is the ultimate confirmation of superior quality.
- It provides full service testing, including microbiological and stability studies
- In addition to their own highly skilled Product Development group, our lab also maintains a Scientific Advisory Board to help avail us of the latest developments and technical innovations. This multidisciplinary team includes leading research scientists, molecular biologists, physicians, pharmacists, clinical nutritionists, herbalists, food technologists, and sports physiologists.
- Our lab is one of the largest custom contract manufacturers of nutritional supplements in the United States. Their advanced 250,000 sq. ft. manufacturing and packaging facility produces more than 500 million doses per month.
Needless to say, we were impressed.
While we were there, Phil and I also went to see Niagra Falls. It was freezing, but fun. Angela, my wife, told me I had to sign “I love you” and send the photos to her from Niagra. So I did.